Let’s just face it, sometimes it is just what it is. I’m a wife first. A mom second. And a business owner third. And I don’t always get a hot second to spend on myself. True, we have complete control over the great majority of our circumstances, but sometimes elements of the life we have now are unchangeable – at least for the time being. I don’t want to change anything about life today except for one thing…I want to slow down and enjoy it more! There is joy in living in the moment, so why waste even a smidgen of happiness or a minute of life???
William Ernest Henley, said it best in his poem Invictus when he wrote, “I am the master of my fate”. You always have a choice. Choose wisely. So since I often have to talk out loud to myself to get myself to listen, here’s some advice I’m shouting today:
- Every day do at least one thing that makes you happy. There is no magic list. Do not listen to anyone else’s suggestions. You know what makes you smile, so smile today.
- Make a plan and make it a habit. Just like brushing your teeth, or jump starting your morning with caffeine – make this a priority on a daily basis.
- Make a mental list of the things you have mastered already in life. You know what they are – these are the areas where you receive accolades, awards and “at–a-boys.” You have a full 24 hours every day. Pick one, do it better than anyone else can, and feel fulfilled and accomplished.
- Be a friend, call a friend, help a friend or make a new friend. Interpersonal relationships have tangible power. Infuse each new day with a heaping dose.
- Feed your body; eating healthy foods increases your stamina and keeps illness at bay. (It’s shameful how lucky I feel on days where I miss only one meal!) Feed your mind. Read, read, and read. Keep abreast on current events, buy trade journals in your area of expertise, subscribe to how-to publications – just read daily. Lastly, at least once every day, do whatever feeds your soul. Prayer, meditation, yoga, exercise, Bible study, journaling; whatever gives you inner peace.
Become your own life coach, and integrate life into your today. When you are ready to integrate new life into your financial future, reach out to me!
Want to schedule a complimentary call? Click the image below to view my calendar and schedule an appointment that is convenient for you!